Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Exploring New Places...And the BIG REVEAL

I didn't write yesterday on what we did cause I was just too tired last night!

We got up & ate breakfast, then went to the same mall that we'd gone to the day before. Cali just needed to get out & run. The mall has a nice-sized kids play area & even a train that goes around the 2nd floor of the mall. So we got Cali out & let her run!!! The Moller's met us there - So Cali & Zoie could play together. They had a ball. I then took them on the train, which of course they loved!

Playing on the toys...& having a ball!

After playing on the toys they wanted to go on all the little automated riding toys that suck up every last quarter you have in the deep, dark depths of your purse. Cali went on the little ice cream truck, the space ship, & the ice cream truck again. She tried going on the simulated roller coaster ride but got freaked out about 10 seconds into it so she quickly got off & we watched Zoie ride it.

After the mall we went to ANOTHER mall...that apparently was the largest mall in the world before the Mall of America was built. It was 4 floors of absolute amazement. I didn't see it but Dustin said they had a play area that totally trumped the other one we were at. We may have to go back to this place! Anyways, the reason we went was to have dinner at the Rainforest Cafe with the Moller's & Melton's. The Melton's are all done & left for Phoenix today. Their surgery was just 1 week before Brooklyn's. I can't believe their time is up already!

We had a nice dinner & then came back to the hotel. Now, anyone that knows me knows that I L-O-V-E frozen yogurt. I actually love frozen yogurt WITH my rainbow sprinkles. A friend of mine found a place that we had thought was one of those serve-yourself places. Wrong. Gosh darn it! That's all I want. That's all I NEED!!!! This place had just 1 flavor, but tons of toppings. So I got plain yogurt with pineapple & coconut, since they didn't have any sprinkles, grrr! But to my surprise, when I tried the yogurt I found out it was the original tart flavor...which I LOVE. So at least part of it was great!

And now the moment you've all been waiting for. Last night we had to change Brooklyn's entire dressing again. Oh...I guess a side note here: I heard back from Dr. Bauer's office at 5:15pm about her drains. I didn't hear my phone since we were at dinner, but they said that they wanted to talk to me tomorrow (today) & see how they were draining...& said that even IF she pulled them out, that nothing would be done about it. So I was thinking that maybe they'd just happen to fall out last night...snicker snicker! Hehehe. Well imagine my disappointment this AM when one tube was 1/2 FULL!! UGH!!!!! It hadn't been changed in 15 hours (totally my bad) but still, there was a lot in there. This immedately put me in a bad mood cause then there'd be no way we could have them removed today. I wasn't going to call them today, but Amie said that they were kind of waiting for my call. (They had to take Zac in today for a dressing change.) I decided to call them anyways, & she said that we should wait until tomorrow & basically if it's still just putting out drops then we can have them removed tomorrow!!!!!! YAY! This was the best news in days! :o)  So we're continuing to change them every 4 hours as usual & then I'll call the office in the AM & hopefully they'll have us come in to get those darn pains-in-the-booty out!

Anyways, here's the picture of little Brooklyn's head with her dressing completely off. I hope none of you have a weak stomach:

The head expander is on the far left, along with the stitches & drain. The forehead expander is on the far right of the picture along with the stitches. That drain is to the back of the picture. And yes, her nevus hair is disgusting. Her head can't be washed cause of all the incisions so it's pretty horrible.
 So there it is!!! There are 30 cc's in each expander right now...& they're only to get bigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment