Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fundraiser!!!...& a little update...Oh...& good news!!

A great person here in Lewistown is doing a fundraiser for us!! 25% of the proceedes go to Brooklyn & her surgery fund!! The link is: http://www.tastefullysimple.com/web/sruckman  Click on that, shop until your heart's content, then when you're checking out you search for my fundraiser by typing in my name. It's SUPER easy & the site is just great. :)  If you have any questions, though, just let me know! Thanks to everyone for the support. This fundraiser is going until 2/28/11...just in time for our 2nd trip to Chicago.

And a little update on us...Haha...I have nothing to say! LOL That's just cause we haven't done anything. Dustin started back to work, & is glad to be back. He's not enjoying all the snow & cold weather, but he's glad to be back making money. I start back to work on Monday & let me tell you...I'm really looking forward to it. I need some adult interaction! I have enjoyed being home this whole week with the girls, but I need to get back to work. I need to have a reason to get up in the morning, get dressed, brush my teeth, & do something productive!!! I only work part-time, which works great for our family. When I go back to work my mom will be coming over here to watch the girls to lessen the chances that Brooklyn will get sick.

I'm basically just excited to get out of the house. We got home last Thursday & I've only been out of the house TWICE since then...that's TWICE in over a week! I took Cali to church last Sunday, had a Young Family Group get-together Wednesday night...and have been in the house ever since then... People...that's a week as of tomorrow! What the heck are we going to do though? There's no mall to walk around in, no parks for them to play at (that aren't covered in snow), nowhere we can just walk around. So we just sit at home. This is definitely a time when I wish we lived in a big city again.

And now for the good news: Right before I started typing this I had sent a quick update email to our surgeon. I sent it at 11:45am and at 11:45am he wrote me back!! Yeah...no kidding! I told him that Brooklyn is well, her rash is gone, & I'd feel comfortable (health-wise) to do it. He wrote back & said to "Go for it!" So we'll be doing our first fill tonight after Dustin gets home! Yay!!!! I feel like we're getting back on track...finally! I'll post again tonight or tomorrow to let everyone know how it went!! Here's to hoping for a good experience!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment