Tuesday, March 8, 2011

She's 1!!!!!!!!!

Wow...I think that we've just been so caught up in all this nevus stuff that time has just passed us by so incredibly fast. I can not believe that Brooklyn is 1. Haha now we have a 1 year old & a 2 year old. Good golly.

Her birthday was Monday the 7th so we had her party on Sunday the 6th. When I sent out invitations I really did feel bad, but I had put a little note in each one saying that if anyone was sick or was around someone who was sick to please not come. I hated doing that, but now that we're closer to surgery #2 it's imparative that she stay well. I had 5 people cancel the day of the party or the day before the party because either them or their kids were sick. I hated not having them here, but I'll do anything to keep her well. At least this "germ-o-phobic" stage will be over once her 2nd surgery is done. Then we can live normal lives again for 3 months!

We planned the party around naptimes, so we had it at 1:30pm. This is the very first party we've had where it had to be indoors. All of Cali's parties, all of our BBQ's, & all of our get-togethers are always outside...so this was a first for us! Plus, I was struggling with finding stuff for the kids to do. Thankfully I found some bouncy balls, little sunglasses, & a friend of ours bought those huge balloons that has a rubber band attached to it. So they were entertained!

Long story short - we didn't get to eat the big huge fancy cake for our benefit dinner that we had back in November. (I'd thought it had been cut but apparently people were waiting for me to cut it.) So by the end of the night it was still sitting there! So we froze it & kept it for her 1st birthday. Here it is:
It wasn't dry at all. It was just as perfect as it was on the night of the benefit dinner. No one could even tell that it'd been frozen for 4 months! :o)

Here are a few more pictures from her party:
Happy 1st Birthday Party to ME!!! :o)

She actually kept the hat on for nearly an hour!

Present time!!! (Here are some pictures from that):

Mommy helping Brookie open her presents

Opening more...but taking a second out to look at the camera!

She liked her radio from Dustin's parents!

And time for cake!!! (Here are cake pictures):
She's thinking in her head "I'm gonna GET that candle!!"

"Hmmm...what do I do with this?"

"Well I guess I'll try to eat it."  LOL She wouldn't touch it...she just leaned forward in the high chair to lick it & take bites out of it! Haha!

Daddy helping her eat it. (Notice she's finally touching it!)

Finally eating it by herself!

"WHEW...now THAT was tiring!!"

The party was fun & a success. Cali had a ball playing with all the kids and Brooklyn just didn't know what to think about it all! :o)

We got up Monday morning & she just decided she was going to have some birthday mischief:
She'd taken all her clothes out of the drawer & got in the drawer (for the first time).

When Dustin & I got home from work we had fun watching her play with all her new toys. And she had a ball!!!
Playing in her new tunnel...which she adores!

"I'm on a sugar high!!!!!!!!!!!!" Hahaha she was a pretty happy kid until after 10pm!

All-in-all we had a great day! She had a good birthday & party. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment