Wednesday, March 23, 2011

6 WHAT?!

Surgery is at Highland Park Hospital in Highland Park, IL. Their policy is that they call the patient the night before to let them know when they need to check in. So we were waiting for "the call" when I looked at my phone & noticed that I had a message. I checked it & a lady with a very strong accent came on & said that we had to be there at 6am. WHAT?! SIX O'CLOCK AM?!

But then I thought I heard the lady say 7am, so I wanted to call them & make sure. I had to leave a message, but I got a call back pretty quickly. And yes, sure enough, surgery is at 7:30am so we have to be there at 6am.

No milk or food after 1am; clear liquids allowed until 5am; then nothing until after surgery.

The bags are packed, Dustin's asleep, Brooklyn's asleep...& I'm headed there, IF I can even sleep.

This surgery is different. I know what to expect. However, this surgery will be much longer than the first one. And this surgery...believe it or not...I'm actually excited for. Well I'm not excited FOR the surgery, I'm excited for the OUTCOME. This will be the very first time that I will be able to see Brooklyn with a full forehead! That's enough said right there. This whole journey was started because we wanted to remove her nevus. And as of tomorrow, some of her nevus will be removed. We are finally seeing a result....and that's just plain ole exciting. :o)

THANK YOU for your thoughts and, more importantly, for your prayers. They are very much appreciated. We'll post more when we can...but for now, we have to be at the hospital in 7 hours so I'm gonna go enjoy these hours with my bubble girl, cause after tonight...the bubbles will be no longer!!!!!

Enjoying her lamby

No comments:

Post a Comment