Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chicago Surgery Trip, Part 2: The First Days in Chicago

Tuesday was our first full day in Chicago so it was a pretty relaxing day of a doctor's appt, the mall, & dinner. That was it! We got to "our" mall, the one that's the closest to us that we've been to numerous times before. What's the first thing to do when we get to the mall?! Why...the Hurricane Simulator, of course! Well that's what Mike thought anyways...so here he is!

Next on the mall agenda: the train

And then the kids play area. Notice Cali ON the frog & Brooklyn all the way in the background (kind of in front of Cali, in her pink dress) playing it safe with the little wall wheel!

 Then the tunnel..."You can't find me, Uncle Mike!!"

The next day was Navy Pier (and Curt's 18th birthday, of course!) (See next blog post for that one!) We got there, ate, then rode on the famous Ferris Wheel.


Uncle Mike with his nieces on the Ferris Wheel

 My mom & me

 Curt & Mom

Curt & Me

Cali on the Thomas train. She rode this when we were here in January, except it was inside (thank goodness), & she just loved it. This time she rode it twice with Uncle Mike.

Sitting down in the shade for a bit. It was a hot day & we needed to rest. This is one of my favorite pictures of Cali...& I took it upsidedown! I could flip it but I think it's cute how it is!

And of course, whenever Cali gets her picture taken she always has to do an "eyes closed" picture! So here's her "eyes closed mama!" picture!!!

And this one I just couldn't leave out. Brooke was just getting ready to go swimming when she found Cali's boots. I told her to get some shoes on....so she did! LOL


We had a good couple of days! Nothing like having a forced vacation...

No comments:

Post a Comment