Friday, February 8, 2013

Waiting for Perfection

No one is perfect...and I know not to expect perfection from anyone. But that's all I see when I picture Brooklyn post-surgery. I try my hardest to snap myself out of it though cause I know it can't be perfect. For her, though, I want it to be. Now that we are almost done with surgery, I can't stop thinking of her school years and of her own self-esteem. I just want her to be happy with our decision to remove. I'd imagine that when she truly thinks about either having a hairy forehead or the scars, that she'll pick the scars, but I honestly think that's every Nevus parent's worst nightmare.

For now, though, I'm going to sit here for the very last time, in the waiting room of the Highland Park ambulatory surgery floor. I'll wait for Dr. Bauer to come in & tell us what he did, then I'll go & put on my post-surgery gear, & I'll go hold my baby for one last visit to the PACU. Taking the expanders out are easier on them than putting them in, so I'm anticipating a quick recovery. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment