Sunday, October 19, 2014

'Twas The Night Before Surgery...X's 7

'Twas the night before surgery
And all through the Ronald McDonald House
This mommy wasn't sleeping
Even though our room is quiet as a mouse

My little Brooklyn is finally asleep
She went down without a fight
But here I sit blogging
I could probably do this all night

You see, this trip is a different one
It's just Brooklyn & me this time
No sister, no daddy, no grandma
No one, but us, on the line

Our home now is the Ronald McDonald House
It's our first time staying in this awesome place
No expensive hotel for us this trip
It's different, but I'm liking this sometimes slower, sometimes faster pace

The staff is nice & the House is beautiful
In our rooms there is no TV & no food
That's the biggest adjustment so far for us
However, it definitely could lighten my mood

We're right smack dab in the middle of downtown
Sirens, horns, crazy people...yeah, it gets loud
But this House is so safe & secure
We feel so at home & it's nice to be around

So tomorrow morning is it
Surgery #7 will be underway
I have no clue how I'll do it on my own
So I am asking, please, will you pray?

Please pray for me, pray for strength & no craziness
Please pray for Dr. Bauer & the whole surgical team
But MOST of all, please pray for our little Brookie Boo
I hope she will understand & not think that I am mean

She usually bounces back very quick
It's quite amazing, you see
I'm praying tomorrow will be no different
And we'll be back in the House before the crazies come out in threes

It's been over a year and a half
Since Brooke's last bubble (& port)
She's over a year and a half older
I pray she now get's it, of sort

So wish us luck
Please wish us well
But most importantly
Prayers will be super swell!


No comments:

Post a Comment