Wednesday, October 26, 2011

'Twas the Night Before Surgery #4

Ugh...I hate the night before surgery. It's just this huge full-body feelings of EVERYTHING. Honestly you have every emotion going throught your head at one time. You're anxious, you're nervous, you're scared, you're thankful, you're still a little regrettful, you're happy, you're sooooo stressed...and I can go on and on....
Tonight is no different. I'm nervous for Brooklyn, but I know she's in the absolute best hands in the world. Plus she's being watched over from above so I'm content.

But I'm also so flipping excited!!! At this time in 12 hours she'll be nevus free. Nevus Free. NEVUS FREE!!! Nevus free for the absolute first time in her entire life! This is what we've been waiting for. This is what we've been looking forwards. This is what we've been working towards for 19 1/2 months! Ever since March 7, 2010 I've been waiting for the day that Brooklyn is nevus free. And that day is here.....

I'm still in shock I think!

We got the call that she's the first surgery. So we have to be at the hospital at 6am for a 7:30am surgery. No food or milk past midnight. No clear liquids past 4:30am. We're not planning on staying at the hospital overnight unless she doesn't do as well as she usually does. Other than that...we'll keep you posted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment