Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Just call me Betty Crocker...

...or Martha Stewart!!

I went all out for our 4th of July Bash. I'm so proud of myself & I'm so happy with my concoctions that I just had to share...

This is my flag dessert. Heavy whipping cream, sugar, & loads of berries!! I don't like that kind of stuff, but seems like everyone else did!

Here are my festive cupcakes. You can't see, but even the cupcake liners are 4th of July themed! They're rainbow chip cupcakes with white frosting, red & blue sprinkles, & the 4th of July flags, of course! :o)

This one was amazing! LOL I don't generally like what I make, but this was awesome. :o)  It's a curry pasta salad. There's lettuce on the bottom, layered with peas, tomatoes, & grated carrots. Then pasta salad with curry (about 3 times as much curry as called for cause I love it so much) & then sliced almonds on top! Mmmmmm...

This was my favorite... It's a sugar cookie bottom, cooked in the oven, with cream cheese, sugar, & almond & vanilla extracts spread on top. Then some glaze mixed with sliced strawberries on top. Oh wow yum! I'd seriously make this every night, except that it took like 3+ hours!

And that's my Betty Crocker moment! It was fun...but it won't happen again for a very long time! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment